Antenna Torque Calculator
Do you want a quick way to know the torque of your antenna system?
This tool helps HamRadio to select the right rotator for medium and large HF antenna systems.
The algorithm used is the result of 40 years of experience in the HF sector.
All you need is :
- the area of your antenna in m2
- the length of the boom of your antenna in m
- You choose the wind speed in Km/h for which you want to calculate the result
- The bigger and heavier is the antenna, the slower must be the rotator
- The torsionally flexible jaw coupling is necessary with medium and large antenna systems
- Calculate the torque of the antenna system and double it. The rotator should be dimensioned with this rule
DISCLAIMER: The result that come out is very approximate, and must be used as a hint. The company assumes no responsibility for the calculated results. It's possible to have a more precise result, but this will take days of calculation by a competent engineer.